Welcome to the Le Tort Quilters Guild
Come join us at Quilt Fest 2014, held in conjunction with Foundry Days in Boiling Springs, PA. There will be over 200 quilted pieces on display, quilting demonstrations, great vendors, and amazing raffles. The quilted displays were created by members of the LeTort Quilters Guild from individuals that are nationally known to the casual quilter that may be participating in their first exhibit.
When: June 7th from 9am to 4pm
Where: Iron Forge Education Center, Forge Road, Boiling Springs, PA
With each passing year, the wonderful projects created by the members of the LeTort Quilters continues to grow in number and beauty. Quiltfest 2014 proves this point. There are individual and group efforts large and small, each telling a separate and unique story. Come vote for your favorite quilt, lap quilt, wall hanging, miniature and quilted clothing and join us in celebrating our inspiration through quilts.
In addition to the beautiful quilts on display, Quilt Fest 2014 also includes:
- Handcrafted Boutique - Visit the LeTort Quilter's Boutique with many different handmade sewing and quilting items for sale.
- Quilt Appraisals - Certified quilt appraisals will be provided by Liz Kisielewsky (there is a small fee). Bring your antique, contemportary or art quilts.
- Quilt Vendors - Many quilt and sewing vendors will be at the show.
- Quilting Demonstrations - Guild members will teach you techniques and tricks in quilting.
- Raffle Quilts and Baskets - Win beautiful quilts, wallhangings and baskets full of amazing quilting and sewing items.
Foundry Day is a juried arts and crafts festival that has an outstanding reputaion and occurs on the first Saturday in June. The art and craft booths line Front Street, along the Childrens Lake in Boiling Springs, PA. The festivle covers three blocks (about 1/4 mile) of front street with craft booths. Food vendors are lined up and down 3rd Street. The festival starts at 9am and parking is available at the high school with shuttles carrying event goers to the square.
The Cumberland County Quilt Documentation Project is underway! Local quilters are undergoing an exciting project to document the history of quilts and quilting (pre-1950) in Cumberland County, Pennsylvania. Visit the documentaiton website for more details and project updates.